Recycling old mobile phones is an excellent way to get rid of them. However, since the notion is rather new many people find themselves unsure of what they should and shouldn’t do in the process. Here is a short guide:
- Give your phone to someone else you think could benefit. It could be a younger family member, a less fortunate relative or even the homeless person in your neighborhood.
- If none of these are an option trade your old mobile phone in for a little bit of money. You will not recover all that you spent – your phone is used – but what you make can go towards your next phone.
- Keep your phone in good condition if you want to make more money out of it when you sell it to a mobile phone recycling company.
- Don’t leave any information on your phone that you wouldn’t like anyone else to see, including your personal banking information or private photographs.
- Don’t sell to the first buyer you come across. There are many companies that buy used mobile phones so make sure to look round so that you can get the best quote.